MPhty (Sports) || DPhty || BExSci
Josh is an experienced Titled Sports and Exercise Physiotherapist and Strength and Conditioning Coach. He graduated with a Doctor of Physiotherapy from Bond University on the Gold Coast in 2013, after completing his Bachelor of Exercise Science at Griffith University in 2010.
Josh has previously worked at the highest level of elite rugby union at the QLD Reds, and prior to that as the head physiotherapist for the Samoan Rugby 7’s team on the HSBC World Series for 2 years. Josh has also experienced success as the physiotherapist with the Burleigh Bears Intrust Super Cup rugby league team in their premiership season of 2016.
Outside of rugby union, Josh has many sporting interests including surfing, cycling and golf. Growing up, Josh competed in surf lifesaving and is still involved with Burleigh Heads Mowbray park SLSC. His active lifestyle carries over to his physiotherapy career, where he takes pride in improving his patient’s outcomes and returning them to sport effectively.
Josh has a particular interest in diagnosing, treating and rehabilitating injuries of the knee, particularly ACL reconstructions, as he himself has gone through this rehab process.
When Josh isn’t at work, he enjoys cycling, surfing and spending time with his family at the beach.
- Masters of Sports Physiotherapy (University of Queensland, 2018)
- Doctor of Physiotherapy (Bond University, 2013)
- Masters of Exercise Science (Griffith University, 2010)
- ASCA Level 2 Strength and Conditioning
- Level 3 ICIR (Rugby Union) 2021
- Level 2 Sports Trainer (Sports Medicine Australia/NRL) 2020
- Radiology for Physiotherapists (University of Melbourne) 2019
- Optimising Biomechanics in Cycling 2016
- Level 2 Sports Physiotherapy 2015
- Advanced Upper Quartile Western Acupuncture and dry needling techniques – 2015
- Level 1 Sports Physiotherapy – 2014
- Western Acupuncture and Dry Needling Course – 2013
INVOLVEMENT WITH SPORTING TEAMS
- Queensland Reds Rugby Union Physiotherapist, 2021
- Tweed Heads Rugby League Club, Head Physiotherapist and Rehabilitation Co-ordinator, 2020
- Barbarians Rugby Football Club, Head Physiotherapist for the Barbarians tour of Australia vs Wallabies, 2017
- Samoa Rugby Union, Head Physiotherapist for the Sevens Team competing on the HSBC World Series and U/20s world up in Tbilisi, Georgia, 2016-2018
- Burleigh Bears Rugby League, Head Physiotherapist, 2013-2016