MPhty (Sports Physio) / Gold Coast Suns – part-time physiotherapist
Hayley completed her Bachelor of Physiotherapy at Charles Sturt University in Albury and has just completed her Masters in Sports Physiotherapy degree through La Trobe University. Originally from Canberra, she moved to Brisbane in early 2013 and then to the Gold Coast in search of a warmer climate.
Hayley has worked in private sports practices for the past eight years and has a strong passion for sport and musculoskeletal injuries. She is a runner and triathlete herself who has previously competed at a national level. She particularly enjoys treating lower limb injuries and now, as a Titled Sport Physiotherapist, she has extra knowledge and expertise in the area of sports injuries. She has spent the past seven years working with AFL teams and has a special interest in injuries in this sport, particularly hamstring injuries.
Hayley also has an interest in lower back pain and rehabilitation following lumbar disc injuries. Her Pilates training allows her to design physiotherapy programs for back pain suffers that helps them to regain strength and stability and return to normal activities without back pain.
Hayley has just accepted a part-time role as a physiotherapist with the Gold Coast Suns and will be splitting her time between working at the Suns and at the clinic.
When she is not at work, Hayley spends most of her time at the beach or outdoors enjoying the beautiful Gold Coast climate.
- Masters of Physiotherapy, 2019
- Certificate Sports Physiotherapy, 2018
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy, 2011
- Spinal level 1, 2018
- Acute knee injury management, 2017
- Lower limb tendinopathy, 2017
- Soft tissue injury, 2016
- Sports level 2, 2014
- Pilates level 1, 2013
- Sports level 1, 2012
- Hydrotherapy level 1, 2012
- Dry needling for sports and spinal, 2012
Involvement with Sporting Teams
- Gold Coast Suns Academy 2019- present
- Palm Beach AFL, 2015-present
- Currumbin Eagles Rugby League, 2016-present
- Queensland State U18 AFL team – 2019
- Mudgeeraba and Nerang districts cricket club, 2014 and 2015
- Aspley Hornets AFL, 2013 and 2014
- Performance Triathlon Coaching, 2012-2013
Belconnen Magpies AFL, 2012
- Wests rugby union, 2012
- Junior Brumbies rugby union, 2012
Nike soccer ‘The Chance’ camp, 2012